Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 118

Today is 9 years of wedded bliss for me and my darling hubby, and I really put a lot of thought into this card... only problem is, I spent so much time thinking and planning it, that I was left with little time to actually MAKE it, between the after-school rush, and hubby coming home from work. So, it's not QUITE what I planned, but it came pretty close...


I used Marina Mist and Crumb Cake CS, Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, and the Spiral Binder punch, on Crumb Cake, sponged with Always Artichoke. The Loads of Love, stamped on Rich Razzleberry, and punched with the Full Heart punch. In fact, most of the card actually turned out just right... all of the issues I have are with the truck. I stamped it with Basic Black Craft ink, and planned on using the Always Artichoke and Marina Mist markers to edge the inside and the Blender Pen to pull it in and color the truck with nice shading. Unfortunately, I forgot to use Watercolor paper, and instead did it on Whisper White CS. So I ended up having to just fill it in with the markers, and got a richer, more solid look than I was hoping for. Also, I had planned on cutting out the windows and putting some window sheet in, so you'd see the Crumb Cake layer behind, showing through. But, since hubby was literally pulling up the driveway as I finished coloring the hearts in the back of the truck, I had to skip it.

That'll teach me to put things off to the last day ;) Fortunately though, hubby is far less critical of it, and loved it!

Here's the sketch I worked off of...

No comments:

Post a Comment