Sunday, April 17, 2011

CCMC146 Color Challenge

I'm having SO much fun searching for more sketch and color challenges, and being inspired by what I see... I'll have my display board filled up with my own creations, (instead of things I made at stamp club, designed by my mentors Andrea and Christina), in NO time :)

Last night I did the CCMC146 Color Challenge



And this is what I came up with...



The base was pretty basic, but I'm particularly proud of the center. I used The Sweetest Thing's gumball machine, and cut out the base and the lid, and pierced the white dots on the base. For the glass bowl, I used Versamark to stamp the circle, so I had a border to stamp the gumballs inside. Then, I cut the circle out, leaving just a tab to hold it with tweezers. After stamping the gumballs, I covered the whole circle with clear embossing powder (after rubbing the Versamark pad over the whole surface), to give it a glassy look, cut off my tweezer tab (for the heat tool), and pieced it all together on my Whisper White CS. I added the ribbon, button and sentiment, and I was done.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love how you made the glass part really look like glass! Clever! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the multiple squares in your background and your gumball machine is cute! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, the gumball is perfect for these colors! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Perfect for gumballs...isn't that what color they all are? Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So completely FUN!!! I love how you color blocked the background and the colors are so fun with gumballs! Thanks for playing along with week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the blocked background. This is just perfect for a bright challenge like this one. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete