Saturday, April 9, 2011

My April Make 'n Takes


You can see the details on this one in an older post below... I just had to make a new one, since I gave the original to a sweet little boy today :) I also just pierced the red dot layer this time, since it was an afterthought on the first draft, and I had to pierce through all 4 layers ;)


I wanted to do an Easter/spring card, but don't have any Easter sentiments yet, so I used this one from the Afterthoughts hostess set, so it could be given with an Easter basket, or for any other gift. I used Marina Mist, So Saffron and Whisper White CS, Pear Pizzaz DSP from the Nursery set, So Saffron ribbon, Scallop edge and Scallop Trim border punches, Forest Friends, Loads of Love and Matchbox Messages stamps, Marina Mist and Chocolate Chip ink, and Watercolor Crayons for the flowers. I used Versamark, and Clear embossing powder, tinted with a mixture of Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa pastels for the bunny, and colored his belly and ears with Close to Cocoa and Pixie Pink pastels. I realized when I was done, that the flowers "pop" too much for the rest of the card, so when we do it in class, I'm going to have them stamp off the flowers a couple times, so they match the bunny's soft brown better.

No comments:

Post a Comment