Thursday, December 5, 2013

Envelope Punch Board Gift Box and Bow (12x12)

I cannot say enough good things about our new Envelope Punch Board!!! I consider myself to be creative with design and style, and love spending time creating and perfecting each card and don't usually like the idea of CASEing, because it takes the fun out of it. (To clarify, I don't mind being CASEd, preferably with a link to credit me, but I prefer to design my cards on my own). But I am NOT that person who can easily use a selection of punches and create something totally different, or the one who can see how most tools can be used outside of their intended purpose to make something new and different. Thankfully though, there are tons of great crafty people who DO that  and have made a bunch of videos and tutorials showing me what to do with this awesome tool... thank you ladies!!! (PS, I'll include those links at the bottom, so you can learn what I did from them!)

We made these quick and easy boxes at Club with a 12"x12" sheet, (a great way to use up those leftovers), but with just a plain bow on top, secured on each side of the bow to close the box. When I got home to make another one, I decided to step it up a notch, and add a removable band to close it, (which I punched with the board, center top, to match the center of the bow), so it could be opened and then easily re-used. I also embossed the bow and added some bling.


Challenges I used:

The Cat's Pajamas - Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Use it Tuesday - Anything Goes (Used hoarded Sale-A-Bration paper from almost 2 years ago)
Inky Chicks - Buttons, Bling and Bows
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
Pile it On - P is for... (Present, Package, Pretty, Paper)

Tutorial videos I used:

Box - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2peYeFKpZk&noredirect=1
Bow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMv0zo9vJ8&noredirect=1


3 comments:

  1. The band definitely finishes it! Love the embossing too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous 'P' project!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!!!
    Thanks for joining us last month at PIO!
    Happy New Year!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete