Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Alphabet Blocks

My youngest nephew's First Birthday party was coming up when I saw Just Add Ink's challenge to use Woodgrain, which immediately put the idea for these blocks into my head. Unfortunately, by the time I had a chance to sit down and make the card, that challenge was over but the color challenge they replaced it with was perfect, so I just used both ;) To make the edges of the blocks, I used the Peekaboo Frames die and sliced the door off. The white behind the letters is embossed with the same Woodgrain folder as the Crumb Cake layer, and the letters were cut with the retired Decorative Strip Billboard die. I'll definitely be making these blocks for a scrapbook page or two someday :) By the way, I think I'm finally getting the hang of the whole "clean and simple" thing... not that I'm about to abandon my urge to go overboard though!


Challenges used:

Just Add Ink - Midnight Muse, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake and Whisper White (and the honorary use of Woodgrain)
Craft Project Central - (see sketch below)
The Paper Players - Clean and Simple Masculine



7 comments:

  1. I love your blocks idea! Thanks for participating in the Creating Pretty Cards challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the peek-a-boo frames...clever! Love these colors together..thanks for much for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute blocks Anjii, perfect card for a little boy's birthday. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a little boys birthday - I love how you have used the woodgrain too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect card for a first birthday. Lovely use of the JAI colours and woodgrain Anjii and thank you for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, and great use of the colours. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Anjii! Love that you combined two of our challenges; don't they work well together?! Your blog design looks fantastic, in This and That. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete