Saturday, December 28, 2013

Frozen!

I almost called this post "Let it snow", but I'm pretty sure I've used that one before ;) While this guy doesn't fully resemble Olaf with his misshapen head, he does remind me of him still, so it makes me think of the Disney movie Frozen, (which is FABULOUS by the way!!!). And it's definitely an icy, snowy scene. I used a folder from the upcoming Sale-a-Bration for snow again, and the trees behind the Button Buddies snowman is from the cutest forest animal sets yet, Life in the Forest, from the 2014 Occasions catalogue. I also used the retired waffle paper (on a spool) for the layers of snow, and Versamark with Iridescent Ice for all the heat embossing. And the Encore Silver ink for the sponged edges on the Basic Gray and the Deco Labels diecut. I'm also particularly proud of myself, because, although I've known how to do the masking technique for double layered stamping for years, this is the first time I actually used it, lol!

As sometimes happens, I can't decide between two different shot settings of my image, and am including both for the sake of accurate preservation...



Challenges I used:
Pals Paper Arts - (see sketch below) Flipped and using the layers of snow instead of layers of DSP/Ribbon
SUO Challenges - It's Almost the "Last Minute"
Inky Chicks - Christmas
Little Red Wagon - Merry Christmas, Anything Christmas
Nutcrafters - Snow, snow, everywhere
Ribbon Carousel - Anything Goes


6 comments:

  1. Love your festive snowman with the embossed snow and use of the waffle paper- great job!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Thanks for sharing at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...it does look oh so frosty! What a sweet card! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute...love your frosty! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww... So cute! We just saw the movie, Frozen, with my 4 year old son and had a blast! I love Olaf and Sven. Your card is awesome and definitely captures the essence of a frosty, frozen world (being from Minnesota, I LOVE the snow and miss it terribly now that I live in North Carolina). Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete