Saturday, February 7, 2015

Wishing for Spring

I love how fun and bright this card turned out, while still remaining soft... that's a hard balance to find! I found a lot of great new challenges to work with and of course I pulled out some Sale-A-Bration papers, ribbon and button :) I was originally planning to do the flower with a rock 'n roll technique with Crushed Curry in the center and Calypso Coral on the edge, to more closely resemble the inspiration picture, but when I decided to use the button, I changed the center color to Crisp Cantaloupe.

PS. I know that until this week, it has been a LONG time since I posted, which was mainly due to the extreme frustration and time involved doing a simple post with our ancient computer. Now that we have a new one, it's SO much faster, so I will be able to keep up with posting new things, and as I have some extra time, will be catching up on the many things I didn't post since last Spring/Summer... stay tuned!!!


Challenges I used:

Mojo Monday - (see sketch below)
Cupcake Inspirations - (see inspiration/palette below)
Stampotique Designers Challenge - Citrus Colours
Moving Along With The Times - Pastels
Simon Says - All Things Bright and Beautiful
Fab 'n Funky - Hearts and/or Flowers
Our Creative Corner - Bingo (Die Cuts, Stamps, Embossing Folder

10 comments:

  1. Great card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, lovely colors and details...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! The layered DSP is just perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Spring colors!! I love the yellow button (how perfect and spot on) and details in your design, Anjii! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “All Things Bright and Beautiful” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunshine colours and a gorgeous big flower - I love this, it's so cheerful. Thank you for playing along at Fab'n Funky this week.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, great layering. Thank you so much for joining in with my challenge at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, I love that Stampin' Up stamp set. Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. This lovely bright card would brighten up even the most gloomy day! Love the colours. Thanks so much for joining in my challenge at Our Creative Corner this month. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright and cheerful card! Thank you for joining us at the SDC blog!

    ReplyDelete