Sunday, May 20, 2012

Getting creative with the new In Colors

I have to say, in the years I've come to know and love Stampin' Up!, this is the first In Color Collection that I loved all 5 colors... they are just so much FUN!!! That's not to say I won't be devastated when Pool Party, Indigo Island and Lucky Limeade disappear in a year though :(

But, back to the celebration of what's new... including the best catalogue yet, in my humble opinion... I can't wait to share it with you all! But for now, all I have is the In Colors. I wanted to make a collection of cards to showcase each color, but having no coordinating DSP, Patterened Paper or accessories to work with I had to get creative. I decided to create a DIY background paper for each card, a rainbow of embellishments, and some denim ribbon, which looks great with any color, to tie them all together. These may be the most clean and simple cards I've made in ages, but I really wanted the focus to be on the colors, and think it worked quite nicely. Oh, and I have to add that the new ink pads are nothing short of AMAZING!!! No more repeated tapping... just a light kiss of the stamp and it's fully inked. Even the Distressed Dots background stamp was remarkably easy to get fully inked and stamped so clearly. And brayering the stripe folder is so much more vibrant than with the old pads. LOVE THEM!!!

So, without further ado, I introduce you to Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse and Primrose Petals... I hope you like them as much as I do!






No comments:

Post a Comment