Monday, March 26, 2012

Submission for Hand Stamped Sentiments Design Team!

One of my favorite challenge blogs, Hand Stamped Sentiments, is filling spots on their design team. I love how they have theme challenges, that I can use on it's own, or combine with a sketch and or color challenge.

And I love the idea of being part of a group of ladies that inspire each other and others, and having a reason to make at least one card or project each week, to keep my creative muscles working.

So I decided to take the plunge, and hope they like what they see... I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a fun card or an elegant card, so I did one of each. I was also going to do a 3d project (an Easter basket), but ran out of time, so keep an eye on my blog for that to show up soon ;)

Here are my submissions!

I challenged myself to use Regals instead of the Brights I tend to use for fun, kid's cards. I thought it would also be fun to give the dino a party hat and tie some balloons to his tail. Some stitching to add some interest to the wide, simple ribbon, and a few curls here and there tied it all up, so to speak.


This one was a bit quicker and less labour intensive (and doesn't even have a stamp on it), but I really like how it all came together. I spritzed the doily with Soft Suede, to make it pop better, but my favorite part is the ribbon/scallop/rhinestone combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment