Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tooth Fairy Card and TESC139 challenge

It is SO hard to make a Tooth Fairy card that doesn't look girly... and according to my hubby, I failed, lol! But I think a tooth fairy with gumboots and a wagon is as good as it's gonna get ;)

Ironically, Stampin' Up! has a great tooth fairy stamp, that's retiring this month, and I was going to order it next week, for just this occasion... but Wyatt's first loose tooth decided to beat me to the punch, so I had to find a digital stamp instead, import it to My Digital Studio, and print it onto Watercolor paper.

I used an "all boy" color scheme... Old Olive base, Chocolate Chip sidebar, Tempting Turquoise second layer (from last summer's Tropical Island DSP), and PlayDate stripe DSP for the skirt. This was my first attempt at small paper piecing, but I figured it out eventually. I reprinted my image on plain paper, and cut out the pieces of the dress, so I could trace them onto the DSP.

I colored the boots and hairbow in Always Artichoke, her hair in Chocolate Chip and used Blush Blossom Watercolor Crayon for her skin with Pretty in Pink for her cheeks. Some retired Old Olive ribbon, with Tempting Turquoise brads at the ends made the bar at the bottom.

And here's the sketch I followed...

No comments:

Post a Comment